About

Email me at thebratwrites@yahoo.com

Friday, December 10, 2010

Robyn "Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart (Cover)"

I've been looking for something fresh to put up here for you guys for quite sometime now (sorry for the lack of music ya'll) and I stumbled upon this gem. Robyn is a Swedish pop star, who kind of reminds me of a more laid back almost version of P!nk (maybe it's just the hair, but she does to me). I'm reading her bio right now and I can also tell ya'll that she gained fame in 1997 with her song "Show Me Love" and now has fame not only in Sweden, but all over the world. This song I'm posting is a cover she did live at iheartradio in late July of this year, and she absolutely put her heart and soul in "Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart." I do like the original Alicia Keys version, but this one actually made me cry the first time hearing it. This is my first time hearing about Robyn and I just adore everything she did on this cover, she made it her own, and the background music (drums/piano) just gives the song this more personal (i guess thats the word I'm looking for) kind of feel, and allows you to really hear and feel Robyn as she sings. Great cover and you will definitely enjoy it as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management