About

Email me at thebratwrites@yahoo.com

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Clare Maguire 'I Need A Dollar (Live Acoustic Cover)'

I've heard the beat for this song 'I Need A Dollar' which I thought before was just something that a couple of DJ's came up with for Yelawolf to put in work over on a freestyle for that track, which I thought he killed. However, I've been seeing a few of these 'I Need A Dollar' freestyles which I thought they were just sampling the beat Yelawolf used or it was a completely different song. I was wrong and there is an original song called 'I Need A Dollar' by Aloe Blacc which apparently is the theme song for the show "How to Make it in America" which stars KiD CuDi (and a show that I've been meaning to check out). The original is a heart felt song that talks about how we all are in search of that dollar, or the riches in life, and how we try so hard to achieve such financial success yet don't realize what it does to the world around us. This cover is done by Clare Maguire live at "The Sun Biz Session" who does an amazing cover of Aloe Blacc's song, and the guy on the guitar and the other guy beatboxing make the song even better.

"Hey Hey, if god has plans for me i hope it aint written in stone
Hey Hey because i've been working working myself down to the bone
and i swear on grandpas grave I'll be paid when i come home"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management