About

Email me at thebratwrites@yahoo.com

Monday, September 20, 2010

Get to Know: Mayer Hawthorne

So I stumbled upon this guy while searching for new music to check out, and his name's Mayer Hawthorne aka DJ Haircut from the Athletic Mic League who are an underground rap group (deff check them out, and yes I finally did my homework for once). The song is called 'No Strings' basically meaning a one night stand (oh no), but he sings it in such a soulful manner that if you really didn't pay attention to what he was saying you would miss it (as I did the first couple times hearing it lolz). It's not like extremely vulgar, but kind of classy (?), idk how to explain it, but the song is amazing and you should deff check it out and listen. Downloading it is a lot of working, I had to join an email mailing list and all that to get the link to download the song, but seeing that it's 7 minutes after midnight as I'm writing this, I thought I'd do ya'll a favor and just upload it and let ya'll download it from there.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management